At The Last Meeting:
• The new groomer has had it’s electrical and hydraulic problems fixed as well as a joystick fabricated and replaced. The safety on the parking brake needs to be fixed, but Mike is confident he can have that done soon and that there are no major expenses as of now. Mike was at the meeting and gave an instruction and safety course to those who were interested in operating the groomer this season.
• The snowmobile club trip will be to Rib Lake January 17th through the 19th. We have had an enjoyable trip there before. We will be using Camp 28 as our hotel and the rooms will be $60 a night if we book at least 10 rooms and $65 if we book less than 10. As of right now Sue Mootz has 10 rooms reserved under her name for the club trip. Camp 28 will hold the rooms until January 8th. Call 715-427-2828 to make your reservation, reserving one of the rooms saved under Sue’s name will get you the group rate. The club will not be paying for a night this year due to budget restrictions related to the purchase of the groomer. Club members are responsible for the full bill of their stay.
• Most of the trails are filly signed. Gary Schoppenhorst and Bill Mootz each have a few signs yet to put up.
• Steve Pate is working with the club to have the snowmobile trails go all the way into Culver’s this season.
• Snowmobile safety will run Tuesday and Thursday nights 6:30-8:30 at the Portage Rod and Gun Club December 10th through the 19th.
• The LP tank is down to about 25%. Gary Schoppenhorst will be looking into the costs of different suppliers and we will wait until the tank gets lower before refilling.
• We will not be meeting for trail signing as most of it was able to be finished during brushing.
• Starting in January club meetings will move back to The Wheel. The next meeting will be held January 6th at 7:30. It will also be the snowmobile club’s Christmas party. We ask that each member bring a dish to pass and a white-elephant gift.
Published: December 5th, 2013